Dandenong Veterinary is a non-corporate Small Animal Veterinary Hospital in Melbourne’s Eastern Suburbs. We are one of the oldest veterinary practices in Melbourne, first beginning in 1925. We are on the count-down to our 100th year and we can’t wait to throw a party! We welcome clients from near and far, and have many that travel from many suburbs away to visit us. Read below to get to know our team a little better, and learn more about our long and proud history.
The Dandenong Veterinary Hospital provides team based care, and truly believe in our moto of ‘The Caring Professional Team.’ Many of our staff have been with us many years, and over that time we have enjoyed getting to know our clients and their pets, caring for them like part of our own family. To learn more about our lovely team and get to know us a little better, then please read on:
Take a photo tour through our purpose built building to have a sneak peak into the rooms and out the back:
The Dandenong Veterinary Hospital is one of the oldest Veterinary practices in Melbourne. The practice began in 1925 when Dr. William Hogarth-Scott, a Scottish Veterinarian, migrated to Australia and settled in Dandenong. He was born in Newington, Scotland on November 6th, 1893. He graduated from the University of Edinburgh with a Veterinary degree. He first registered with the Veterinary Board of Victoria on December 23rd, 1925, and the practice was originally located at 245 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong.
The practice later moved to 8 – 10 Macrae Street on the site that later became the National Australia Bank. This site was chosen for its proximity to the original Stock Market. In those early days, it was mainly a country practice treating farm animals as well as the dogs and cats of Dandenong residents.